Welcome to the Downtown Williams Lake BIA!
- Turn Down the Heat - a povincial program with Fortis BC to share environmentally sustainable practices and member businesses collect sweaters for distribution to local charities.
- Kiss in the City - a fun Valentine Facebook promotion in which couples take and submit photow of themselves "kissing" their significant other in their favorite, recognisable Downtown location.
- Ladies Poker Run - a fun "game", held downtown, to get people into stores as part of the Laker's Car Club Show and Shine
- Street Party - our signature event that draws thousands of people into the downtown.
- Art Walk - a month long event bringing business and art together and providing the opporunity for locals and tourists alike to view the local talent and get into the shops they may not have been in before.
- Alley Art Mural Mentorshop Project - a provincial award winning program developed to combat graffite and tagging while providing and educational componest for Art Students in collaboration with Davis Arts.
- Canada Day in the Park
- Fresh Air Cinema's - sponsored by FortisBC ~ a family fun way to watch a movie.
- Black Friday - the kick off to Christmas event riding on the well-known and will promoted US event. This year Black Friday is well on its way to be a huge event all across Canada.
- Winter Light's / Santa Parade - this event has seen many changes and gets bigger every year. The switch from evenings to day has only made it grow faster. Not only looking forward to the arrival of Santa, you can also enjoy a Christmas Market in Spirit Square and Christmas music and Improv by the Studio Theatre at the Limelight.
- Stuffy Hunt - the favorite "find and seek" game hosted by the Downtown businesses is back again with a new twist. Come out and play!
- To act as the voice of downtown business
- To provide downtown attractions to encourage traffic
- To encourage development and enhance services
- To create a welcome home feel within its boundaries
- To build a community of partnerships and professional liaisons to provide services and resources to members.
- Be accessible, inclusive, accountable
If you have some interesting pictures or video about living or visiting Williams Lake that you think would make a great addition to our site, please send them to us.
- Submitted images or video should be on topic.
- Submitted images or video should represent visiting or living in Williams Lake.
- Submitted images or video should be family oriented.
- Copy written Submitted images or video cannot be accepted without a formal release.